The role of a P2P Analyst – Exception Handling is to provide support to the Invoice Payment function. Having responsibility for Invoice Exception handling support to the BPO for Troubleshoot problems/issues with Invoices. Participate on projects/training related to process improvement or integration as the SME and share best practices across Zone 2 countries and BPO.
· Support team members on invoicing process in P2P
· Be seen as a “go-to” information resource for other team members
· Liaison between managers and team members
· Review key metrics and communicate to managers to ensure KPIs are being met.
· Support training of new team members
· Be point of contact in GBS for global P2P projects
· Work with Global Process Owner for P2P and other Zones to support P2P global projects
· Liaise with management team to ensure projects are aligned with GBS P2P vision
· Review documentation associated with new global processes
· Build Strong Working Relationships with and deliver quality services to:
· Local Controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates
· Other GBS functions: GA, O2C, CMS, etc.
· Tier 2 support for P2P Answer Center
· Tier 2 support for BPO AP activities
· Action assigned inquiries (phone, email, instant message) per service level targets.
· Mediate between Requisitioner, Buyer, Budget Analyst, and Vendor for exceptions outside normal process for Web Invoicing, EDI, and PO purchases
· Issue Resolution for Invoice Upload Process
· Override payment terms and expedite per local SOP with appropriate approval documentation
· Maximize knowledge on SAP and imaging inquiry capabilities
· Maintain and update procedures
· Ensure proper training of BPO on all exception analyst activities.
· Identify and participate on projects related to process improvement or integration as the exception analyst SME.
· Implement process improvements related to exception analyst area.
· Ensure exception analyst processes are aligned with global processes unless deviations are necessary for legal or regulatory reasons.
· Ensure controls are maintained and in compliance with corporate policies.
· Perform as internal SME on direct purchase orders and invoice processing
· Build knowledge of SAP logic and structure related to GR/IR reconciliation and provide research and analysis support for GR/IR discrepancies
· Build knowledge of SAP Return Delivery Notification processing and understand the interfaces to AP process flows
· Perform as internal SME on paper invoicing exception process and imaging workflow
· Perform as internal SME on e-Invoicing exception process, SAP workflow and IDOC exceptions
· Content Owner for e-invoicing related procedures including responsibility for annual review
· Web administrator backup and support
· Web Invoicing – Review Daily Duplicate and Possible Duplicate Reports from Imaging and take action as necessary to resolve
· Analyze and take action on weekly Aged PO Report
· Review rejection and reversal metrics and look for trends. Recommend actions to address trends.
· BPO Support and AP Retained Activities:
· Analyze monthly Business Process Outsourcing operational metrics and liaison with BPO counterparts as needed to investigate and remediate root causes
· Periodic monitoring of BPO activity for quality metrics not included in operational metrics or Service Level Agreement
· Point person for BPO to consult in unusual AP matters not documented in SOPs
· Primary responsibility for special handling PO invoices delivered directly to AP from business or General Disbursements (i.e. foreign invoice research)
· Accurately track errors identified and develop targeted action plan to resolve
· AP GBIP/SAP testing
· Attend planning meetings to understand script and resource requirements
· Support SAP testing, script execution and quality center documentation
· Demonstrates flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or meeting volume variances.
· Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
· Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
· Ensure all SOx and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
· Integrate compliance into daily activities.
· Comply with any corrective actions.
· Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
· Basic Qualifications
· +3 years experience in P2P Purchasing
· Effective team member with ability to work across a diverse and cross-functional work group.
· Must be flexible and adaptable to change
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Advanced Research, analytical and issues resolution skills
· Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
· Develop good relationships with various levels of personnel in Lilly’s Financial/Sourcing organization and third party service providers
· Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
· Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
· Good time management skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point etc…)
Additional Skills/Preferences Desirable:
· SAP Experience (including Purchasing modules)
· Excel data Analysis
· Compliance and controls experience an advantage