Our client understands the value that our customers bring in order to fulfil our growth plans to continue as a profitable and sustainable business.
In addition to the value of our customers we understand the value of our people and understand the ongoing necessity of nurturing our talent to continue to push the business forward.
Our ability to remain as a leader in our industry is down to the strengths and abilities of our people, creating, maintaining and expanding individual relationships with our customers to promote lifetime value and longevity.
An opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Accounts Department to be responsible for providing a comprehensive financial transaction, accounts payable and treasury function to the business.
You will be working alongside the Accounts Team, ensuring that all our supplier and internal transactions are completed in accordance within company guidelines and policies.
You should be proactive by nature developing internal and external company relationships by professional and courteous interpersonal communication.
· Responsible for all the company’s group related transactions.
· Process Purchase Invoices, while keeping an eye on tax codes.
· Reconciling Supplier statement to our account,
· Cover Pay run’s when needed, And processing Proforma invoices from suppliers.
· Support the Implementation and maintenance of appropriate levels of financial control for all financial processes, systems and documentation and assist with more senior members of the team
· Help with providing a high-quality premium service to customers and suppliers via telephone and email
· Protect the brand and reputation of both the company and its clients by the delivery of first class service levels
· Be proactive driving continuous improvement in processes and standards
Our preferred candidate will have started studying AAT Level 2 or 3, Study support will also be available for AAT Level 3 & 4
A minimum of 1-year related experience is preferred but not essential, although someone with a commercially aware attitude within a similar role will be considered.
· Experience and understanding of SAGE 50 & 100, but this is not essential
· Experience with using excel spreadsheets to a basic level
· Good organisational, administration skills and organisational abilities
· Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
· The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year